Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Snowy Heaven…

It started out at as a shopping trip for my sweetheart, and it turned into a gift to myself. I had a few free hours today and decided to take a solitary drive up to Sundance.

As soon as I hit Provo Canyon, my heart started to rise. It’s such a magic place for me. A whole lifetime of memories at my Grandpa’s Cabin… the hikes I’ve been on… the days at my favorite place in the world (SUNDANCE! I don’t have to be a skiier to love it, you know!) I can’t set foot in that canyon without being happy and at peace. Just another reason that I am… an always will be… a Utah girl at heart.

DSC_0002

DSC_0003

I shopped. ( I’m not telling what I got, but I can tell you that Mitch is going to be a really happy guy.)

DSC_0012 e2

I ate and relaxed.

DSC_0021 e2

I listened to music, sang and drove through a beautiful snow storm.

DSC_0033

I ignored this sign… totally parking and stopping so I could take this picture.

DSC_0035 e

That’s my heaven, my canyon… today was a gift I gave myself. You’re welcome, self.

3 comments:

  1. The waterfall looks awesome! If only snow wasn't so freakin' cold. Lucky girl to get your own fun field trip. You know, I've never been to Sundance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day. You and Cami should go on a road trip to Sundance.

    ReplyDelete