Tuesday, April 12, 2011

12 on the 12th- April

12 on the 12th project

1. my new throw pillows and quilt. Foxy approves.

2. Daisy was excited to show me her pretty hair.

3. Favors for book club. We read “Matched” and I covered little match boxes with little snippets of Shakespeare plays.

4. New issue of Martha with my second most favorite flowers on the front. Poppies- they’re gorgeous. Can’t wait to try making the silk poppies in the magazine.

5. Early morning exercise at the church. It’s hard. I love it.

6. Mitch is making a new workbench for himself. The freshly cut wood makes the house smell so good.

7. Easter wreath made out of egg cartons. All of the kids helped me watercolor the flowers when the Martin cousins were over yesterday. It turned out so pretty!

8. Huckle getting some Mia love. Her bed is his favorite sleeping spot.

9. Owen’s newest Star Wars Tshirt.

10. Glitter. For the first and only time, adding glitter to a project made it look bad. Dang it. Wish we’d left the wreath au natural.

11. Red, Green and Blue M&Ms- to represent the pills everyone was required to carry from Matched. The treats for Wordstock Book Club.

12. Foxy models sleeping on the new quilt.

9 comments:

  1. When we were little, your dad and I lived in an apartment in Mesa, AZ with Grammy that had a donkey-eared cactus in the front and poppies all around it. Grammy said the cactus was mine to tend and the poppies were your dad's. We watered and weeded them carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, #2 caught my eye immediately. What a beauty! And your wreath is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was happy to see that MS mag in my mailbox yesterday too. i haven't read it yet, but it looks lovely. what did you think of matched?

    i would like a new spring wreath. hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day filled with beauty. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the clean look of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the wreath idea. I have the new martha stewart as well, but haven't found a time to read it yet. I love MS glitters--we use them a lot--too bad it didn't work out this time.

    love how colorful your day was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Daisy's face in that one. She's got a little attitude

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wreath is so dang cute. As is your beautiful Daisy with her pretty hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an absolutely gorgeous grid! I'm so jealous of your Martha Stewart subscription. I must remember to get one. That wreath is incredibly adorable. I LOVE your book club favors, and Daisy's hair is very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete